Want to spend your Spring…
- Working with urban farmers and gardeners?
- Sitting in on dynamic classes about growing food like Season Extension and Small Farm Planning?
- Attending events and conferences about food, farming, and growing?
- Helping administer an urban agriculture school grounded in community and social justice?
Then apply to be a Farm School NYC Intern!
- Assist our instructors as Teacher's Assistant for classes
- Create compelling social media posts and community email updates
- Navigate Constant Contact and Excel
- Perform data entry and administrative office tasks
- Join site visits to local urban agriculture destinations and meet leading professionals
- Table at events and conferences to help our community grow
What We Need:
- Strong interest and ability in writing and communications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle large amounts of data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Docs
- Willingness to work both independently and collaboratively
- Based in New York City with the ability to work remotely
- Availability on Wednesday evenings and Saturdays between 10am – 2pm
- Enthusiasm for urban agriculture and social justice
Time Frame + Compensation
- Internships begin in January 2019 and end in early May
- Unpaid position, university credit may be available
- Commitment of 12-15 hours per week (On site Wednesday evenings & Saturdays, in office one weekday and possible remote hours)
Please send a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience and interests to Connor Vaughn, at email@example.com with the subject line "Farm School NYC Internship." Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Farm School NYC values diversity, and encourages applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply.