Farm School NYC Summer/Fall Internship
Want to spend your summer and fall…
- Working with urban farmers and gardeners?
- Sitting in on dynamic classes about growing food like Plant Health and Preparing for Winter?
- Attending events and conferences about food, farming, and growing?
- Helping administer an urban agriculture school grounded in community and social justice?
Then apply to be a Farm School NYC Intern!
- Assist our instructors as Teacher's Assistant for classes
- Create compelling social media posts and community email updates
- Navigate Constant Contact and master Excel
- Perform data entry and administrative office tasks
- Join site visits to local urban agriculture destinations and meet leading professionals
- Manage Outreach and Sales by tabling at events and conferences
What We Need:
- Strong interest and ability in writing and communications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle large amounts of data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Docs
- Willingness to work both independently and collaboratively
- Based in New York City with the ability to work remotely
- Availability on Wednesday evenings and select Saturdays between 10am – 2pm
- Enthusiasm for urban agriculture and/or social justice
Time Frame + Compensation
- July - December 2017
- Commitment to at least 12 hours per week
- Unpaid position, university credit may be available
Please send a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience and interests to Connor Vaughn, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Farm School NYC Internship." Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis up until June 2017. Farm School NYC values diversity, and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. Current Farm School NYC students may not apply.