Farm School NYC Fall Internship
Want to spend your Fall…
- Working with urban farmers and gardeners?
- Sitting in on dynamic classes about growing food like Plant Health and Preparing for Winter?
- Attending events and conferences about food, farming, and growing?
- Helping administer an urban agriculture school grounded in community and social justice?
Then apply to be a Farm School NYC Intern!
- Assist our instructors as Teacher's Assistant for classes
- Create compelling social media posts and community email updates
- Navigate Constant Contact and master Excel
- Perform data entry and administrative office tasks
- Join site visits to local urban agriculture destinations and meet leading professionals
- Manage Outreach and Sales by tabling at events and conferences
What We Need:
- Strong interest and ability in writing and communications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle large amounts of data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Docs
- Willingness to work both independently and collaboratively
- Based in New York City with the ability to work remotely
- Availability on Wednesday evenings and select Saturdays between 10am – 2pm
- Enthusiasm for urban agriculture and/or social justice
Time Frame + Compensation
- Internships begin in August and end in December 2017
- Commitment to at least 10 hours per week
- Unpaid position, university credit may be available
Please send a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience and interests to Connor Vaughn, at email@example.com with the subject line "Farm School NYC Internship." Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis up until July 2017. Farm School NYC values diversity, and encourages applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Only Fall internships are available at this moment. Current Farm School NYC students may not apply.